September 28, 2022

A Beverly Hills man has been charged with murder in the deaths of two unconscious people of drug overdose Women who have been dumped in hospitals In Southern California, prosecutors announced Tuesday.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said David Brian Pierce, 40, has been charged with two counts of selling, transporting or furnishing a controlled substance.

Another man, actor Brandt Osborne, 42, was charged with being an accessory after the incident.

Prosecutors said Pierce was already awaiting trial for the sexual assault of seven other women who were attacked between 2007 and 2020.

A letter left to Pierce’s attorney, Jacob Glucksman, was not immediately returned Tuesday night. Glucksman previously told the Los Angeles Times that his client “vigorously and vehemently denies any connection these women have with their unfortunate lives.”

It wasn’t immediately clear if Osborne had a lawyer who could speak for him.

Pierce was arrested in December in connection with the deaths of model Christy Giles, 24, and her friend, architect Hilda Marcela Cabrales-Arzola, 26.

Giles and Cabrales Arzola were reportedly last seen attending a warehouse party in East Los Angeles. The authorities believe they then went to Pierce’s house. Investigators said they believed the two women had overdosed on medication.

Police said Giles was found dead outside a Southern California hospital in Culver City after masked men dropped her into an unlicensed car there.

Cabrales-Arzola was left at Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles, where she died 11 days later after being taken off life support.

The Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office found that the women died from overdoses and had multiple medications in their systems. The drugs included cocaine and fentanyl for Giles and cocaine and ecstasy for her friend.

“I realize this won’t necessarily bring any solace to the Arsola family or the Giles family, but it will bring accountability,” Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon said Tuesday at a news conference announcing the charges.

CBS Los Angeles reports Gascon has asked any other potential victims to notify the Los Angeles Police Department’s Western Homicide Bureau or the attorney general’s office.

“We know that survivors often do not report sexual assault for various reasons,” Gascon said. “Sometimes they feel like the system won’t listen to them, sometimes they are afraid of their abuser, sometimes they feel ashamed, and we realize that these are all factors that play a role. This is one of the reasons why we are here to say to our community and the survivors for sure that if you feel comfortable moving forward, we are here from for you.”

Giles’ husband, Jean Siliers, Tell The New York Post reported that he was relieved that the DA had pressed charges.

“There can be no real justice for Christy and Marcella’s deaths,” said Selliers. “Nothing will ever bring them back, and their death will affect the rest of our lives. The best we can hope for now is that the whole truth comes out and that they are banished for the maximum amount of time so they can no longer hurt anyone else.”

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.