1. If you’ve been using Twitter at all since Tuesday night, you’ve definitely seen a slew of comments about Chet Holmgren’s NBA Summer League debut. The rookie Thunder scored 23 points, grabbed seven rebounds, made four assists and stopped six shots.
Holmgren even caught Kevin Durant’s attention.
Of course, everyone is overreacting and the NBA fans have acted like Holmgren who just won Game Seven of the NBA Finals.
However, this would be the time to establish the nickname Holmgren. There are two factors that play into what Holmgren will learn in the NBA. The first, is 7 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 190 pounds. And two, his teammate, Alexige Bokosevsky, is 7 feet 1 inch and 190 pounds as well.
Holmgren said he’s already aware of all the funny memes and names that fans have given him and Pokusevski, like this one.
The Gonzaga star is ready to embrace it all.
Here are some nicknames for Holmgren to consider.
Will it be the slender towers or the slender towers of Holmgren and Bokosevsky? I love the ring that “Slim Towers” has, but if Holmgren just came close to living up to the hype that surrounds him now, he’d be worthy of many of the nicknames.
2. The exchange between star Grizzlies Ja Mortant and a waitress, after Morant left her a $500 tip, is one of the best I’ve seen in a while.
3. Jim Harbaugh loves to work out while on vacation, even if that means doing it in his hotel lobby wearing khakis.
Harbaugh, as you’ll see below, is really letting loose during this season.
4. The phrase “get a room” appears to apply to people who attend Wimbledon, based on this report.
5. ESPN dropped a trailer on Wednesday for an upcoming documentary about legendary college basketball announcer Dick Vitale.
Go to follow
6. The last episode of my SI Media Podcast Features a conversation with Erin Andrews of Fox Sports.
A side reporter for Fox’s No. 1 NFL reports the wild changes that have taken place this season with old partners Joe Buck and Troy Aikman leaving Fox to ESPN and Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen for the top spot and announcing that Tom Brady will join Fox once he retires from playing.
Has ESPN approached Andrews about joining Buck and Aikman? How did Andrews find out that Aikman was leaving for ESPN? Did Fox pay to go after Tom Brady after his retirement?
Andrews also talked about why Derek Jeter is so special, and how Larry David used an incident at her wedding as a story line on his. curb your enthusiasm And the controversy surrounding her post-game embrace with Aaron Rodgers after the Packers’ Christmas Day win against the Browns.
After the conversation with Andrews, Sal Licata from WFAN and SNY in New York joined Jimmy for the weekly segment “Traina Thinks”. This week, guys talked about Clayton Kershaw’s comments about Freddy Freeman’s loyalty to the Braves, why Jimmy hates the Fourth of July, whether sports media figures should stick to the sport and much more.
You can also view files SI Media Podcast on youtube.
7. Today’s Random Video: I was on vacation on Tuesday, so I couldn’t mention the 33rd anniversary of Seinfeld The first episode, which was titled after that Seinfeld Chronicles. This is the first scene of the show.
Be sure to Follow up on previous releases of Traina Thinkts and check out Sports Illustrated Media Podcast Hosted by Jimmy Traina on appleAnd the spotify or The Google. You can also follow Jimmy on TwitterAnd the Instagram And the tik tok.