October 4, 2022
Nick Kyrgios will play in the Wimbledon quarter-finals on Wednesday

Wimbledon quarter-finalist Nick Kyrgios is set to appear in court in Australia next month in connection with a public assault allegation.

Police said it followed an incident in December last year that Kyrgios’ lawyer said was “in the context of a domestic relationship”.

Kyrgios is now scheduled to appear in the Australian Capital Territory Magistrates’ Court on August 2.

He will play Chilean Christian Garin in the quarter-finals at Wimbledon on Wednesday.

Speaking to Australia’s Canberra Times, Jason Moffett, Kyrgios’ attorney, said: “The nature of the allegation is serious, and Mr Kyrgios takes the allegation very seriously.

“Given that the matter is before the court, he has no comment at this point, but over time we will issue a media statement.”

“ACT Police can confirm that the 27-year-old Watson man is scheduled to face ACT court on August 2 in connection with one count of public assault following an incident in December 2021,” a police statement said.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.