New details emerged after a Premier League A player was arrested on suspicion of rape.
The unnamed player, who was due to play for his country in the upcoming Qatar World Cup, was arrested at an address in Barnet on Monday.
“On July 4, the police were informed of an allegation of rape of a woman in her twenties,” the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.
“It was reported that the alleged rape occurred in June 2022.”
“Investigations into the circumstances are still ongoing,” the statement added.
New report from the sun More details about the arrest and allegations against the player.
He was allegedly arrested at 3am on Monday after six police cars arrived at his mansion early in the morning.
The player, described by the report as “one of the best players in the Premier League”, was arrested after a woman accused him of raping her during a holiday in the Mediterranean.
The woman, who is also in her 20s, is said to have shown police the photos of “bruises” after reporting the alleged attack, which she claimed occurred during a vacation with the player last month.
The alleged victim fled the five-star resort where she was staying with the soccer player and returned home.
She spoke to police on her return to the UK and made a full statement at a police station on Sunday, showing investigators photos that she claimed showed bruises on her body after the alleged attack.
The player is now set to miss his team’s pre-season tour while investigations continue, and the Premier League season is set to begin on August 5.
“The allegations are very serious,” a source said. the sun.
“The club leaders are stunned by this. The player was due to be on the pre-season tour. He will now not travel with the team.
“The law should be allowed to dictate what happens next. The player’s teammates are absolutely stunned about this. It’s a hammer blow for the club, but the police have to do their job.”