NetflixFor years, he’s been notorious for being very silent about viewership. But after a few years dropping stats on some of its shows every quarter, Netflix launched a website in mid-November. Infographics of its most popular shows and movies From last week, in addition to his global ranking .
Charts, updated every week and arranged by, represents an unprecedented collection of data about what’s popular on Netflix. The site details the most popular titles in the past week, not only globally but also for over 90 individual countries. It aims to help subscribers like you get a better sense of the top hits on the world’s largest subscription streaming service, hoping to discover something new to watch.
The company updates its weekly “Top 10 on Netflix” show every Tuesday, based on the hours shown Monday through Sunday in the previous week for both original and licensed titles. The ratings are broken down into the top 10 charts for English language movies, English TV, Non-English language movies, and Non-English language TV. In addition to the global charts, Netflix provides ratings for more than 90 countries.
There is also a ranking of the most-watched titles of all time on the site, detailing which shows had the most watched hours in their first 28 days of release. It is also updated every Tuesday, whenever any programs appear in the charts during the previous week.
Most Watched TV Shows on Netflix
Here are the most-watched series on Netflix, based on Netflix reporting of total watch hours in the first 28 days of each title’s release. If a new season releases its two-part episodes on different dates, Netflix calculates the watch time for volume 1 episodes for the first 28 days, and then for volume 2 episodes for the first 28 days.
Any changes in the rankings from the previous week are in bold.
- (Season 1), Korean survival movie – 1.65 billion hours.
- Weird things (Season 4), retro sci-fi series – 1.15 billion hours.
- Stealing money (Part V), Spanish-language thriller – 792.2 million hours.
- Bridgeton (2nd season), romantic period – 656.3 million hours.
- Bridgeton (season 1) – 625.5 million hours.
- Money heist (part 4) – 619 million hours.
- Weird things (season 3), retro sci-fi series – 582.1 million hours.
- The devil (5th season), Police Procedural Fiction – 569.5 million hours.
- We are all deada korean zombie thriller that takes place in a high school – 560.8 million hours.
- the magician (Season 1) Fantasy Show – 541 million hours.
- Anna’s creationlimited series about a true crime about a fake social site – 511.9 million hours
- 13 Reasons Why (Season 2) Controversial teen drama – 496.1 million hours.
- Ozark (Season 4) Crime drama series – 491.1 million hours.
- The Witcher (season 2) – 484.3 million hours.
Additional high-level shows left off the official Netflix charts of all time:
- 13 Reasons Why (Season 1) – 475.6 million hours
- maidLimited series about a young mother escaping abuse – 469.1 million hours.
- You are (Season 3) Psychological thriller – 467.8 million hours.
- You (Season 2) – 457.4 million hours.
- Stranger Things (season 2) – 427.4 million hours.
- Money Heist (Part 3) – 426.4 million hours.
- sex education (Season 3), British teen drama – 419 million hours.
- Money Heist (Part 5) – 395.1 million hours.
- Jenny and Georgia (Season 1) Drama about a young mother and children – 381 million hours.
- Cafe con Aroma de Mujer (Season 1), Colombian telenovela – 326.9 million hours.
- lupine (Part 1) French Heist Show – 316.8 million hours.
- elite (Season 3) Spanish teen drama – 275.3 million hours.
- Who killed Sarah? (Season 1) Mexican mystery thriller – 266.4 million hours.
- Elite (season 4) – 257.1 million hours.
- squirting queen (Season 2), Colombian musical telenovela – 230.3 million hours.
- Lupine (Part 2) – 214.1 million hours.
- dark desire (Season 1) Mexican drama film – 213 million hours.
Most Watched Netflix Movies Ranking
Here are the most-watched movies on Netflix, based on Netflix reporting of total watched hours in the first 28 days of each title’s release. Any changes in bold.
- red noticeAction movie starring Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds – 364 million hours.
- do not searcha black comedy with a star-studded cast – 359.8 million hours.
- Bird Box Post-apocalyptic movie starring Sandra Bullock – 282 million hours.
- Adam’s ProjectSci-Fi comedy – 233.2 million hours.
- extractionAction movie starring Chris Hemsworth – 231.3 million hours.
- unforgivableDrama about a woman rebuilding her life after prison – 214.7 million hours.
- Irisha period mafia epic directed by Martin Scorsese – 214.6 million hours.
- kissing booth 2a sequel to Teen Romcom – 209.3 million hours.
- 6 undergroundMichael Bay Blast Festival starring Ryan Reynolds – 205.5 million hours.
- Secret SpencerAction comedy starring Mark Wahlberg – 197.3 million hours.
Top previous movies dropped from Netflix’s official charts:
- Enola Holmesa period investigation film – 189.9 million hours.
- army of the deada theft that occurred at the end of the zombie apocalypse – 187 million hours.
- old guardAction thriller film starring Charlize Theron – 186 million hours.
- murder mysteryComedy movie starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston – 170 million hours.
It seems that Netflix has never released a movie in a language other than English that generated enough watch hours to make it the most watched overall. But other non-English language movies that were widely watched on Netflix include the following:
- red blood skyGerman/British horror film filmed during a hijacking – 110.5 million hours.
- PlatformSpanish social commentary wrapped in a horror movie – 108.1 million hours.
- black crabSwedish apocalypse war movie starring Noomi Rapace – 94.1 million hours.
- through my windowSpanish Teen Love Story – 92.4 million hours.
- removalFrench police comedy – 78.6 million hours.
- Below zeroSpanish thriller about an escape from a prison van – 78.3 million hours.
- Rogue Citya French thriller about an unconventional team of cops – 66.6 million hours.
- Forgotten BattleDutch World War II film – 60.9 million hours.
- InsomniaFrench action movie – 59.1 million hours.
- the missing bulletIt’s like Fast & Furious but French – 58.3 million hours.
Previous top-rated non-English films that were excluded from the top 10 include:
- spoiled sausage56.9 million hours, a French comedy about rich siblings who are tricked into making a living.
- #AliveSouth Korean about a player trying to survive a zombie apocalypse – 54.6 million hours.
- space broomswhich is a South Korean western space with an armed children’s robot – 53.3 million hours
- The last mercenaryFrench action movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme – 52.1 million hours.
- Just another birthdayBrazilian Christmas Comedy – 48 Million Hours.