- Snapchat Plus is Snapchat’s new subscription plan, available on iPhone and Android.
- For $3.99 per month, Snapchat Plus lets you change the app icon and see who has re-viewed your Stories, among other features.
- Snapchat intends to add more Plus features over time, but some of these features may end up being available to all users.
Between Twitter Blue and Tumblr Blaze, it seems every social media app has a paid version now. Snapchat is the latest app that you can join to have fun, and now it offers a premium version called Snapchat Plus.
Here’s everything you need to know about Snapchat Plus, including price, features, and how to sign up.
Snapchat Plus unlocks new and experimental features
Snapchat Plus is gradually rolling out to all iPhone and Android users in the United States. It costs $3.99 a month, $21.99 for six months, or $39.99 for a year – after a week’s free trial.
Jacob Andrew, Senior Vice President of Product for Snapchat, edge said This Plus is for users who “spend the most time communicating with their closest friends on Snap.” This is probably why the new Snapchat Plus features are very simple additions, created for real Snapchat users.
The three main features that Snapchat advertises to attract Plus users are:
- Ability to change Snapchat app icon
- A way to find out who has watched your Stories
- A special pin that allows you to tag specific friends as BFFs
You’ll also get a badge on your profile, and the ability to see your friends’ “ghost tracks” on the map – in other words, a log of where they’ve been recently.
In the future, Snapchat plans to add more features, but not all of them will be exclusive to Snapchat Plus users. It looks like Plus will be more of a test ground, where premium users can test out new features before they are released to everyone.
Andreou says that “single player” features – in other words, features that only involve the user and don’t affect anyone else – will likely remain exclusive to Plus members. But features that include interacting with other users will eventually become public.
If you are interested, here is how to register.
How to get Snapchat Plus
First, make sure that Snapchat is up to date. Check out our guides on how to update apps on iPhone or Android if you’re not sure how.
1. Open Snapchat and tap Your profile icon in the upper left corner to open your profile page.
2. If Snapchat Plus is available to you, you’ll see a gold-colored banner advertising it under your name. Faucet Banner.
3. Choose the type of subscription you want – one month, six months, or a year – and tap Start a 7-day free trial.
4. Depending on your device, sign up with your Apple ID, Google account, or associated debit or credit card.
Once the payments are made, a menu will appear explaining some of the features that Snapchat Plus offers you, and allowing you to turn each one of them on or off.
Snapchat Plus is free for a week. Once that week is over, you will be charged for whatever subscription you chose.
To terminate your Snapchat Plus subscription, open your profile and tap gear icon in the upper right, then Snapchat +. Faucet Manage your subscription To open the page that allows you to cancel. You will need to use the same device you used to register.