The Red Flag Act, gun purchase waiting period, licensing requirements, and many other gun controls did not prevent the July 4, 2022 Highland Park attack.
Averytown Mike Bloomberg Gun Safety menus Illinois is the state with the sixth most stringent gun laws in the country.
Furthermore, Gabby Giffords’ gun control group Give Illinois grade A- on gun control.
Illinois has red flag law, a waiting period for gun purchases, gun owner licensing, domestic violence laws regarding firearms, “open carry regulations,” and many other gun controls.
The gun owner is licensed via Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) cards. Only those with a FOID card can legally purchase and own a gun in Illinois, and the process for obtaining a FOID card includes a background check.
The Illinois State Police incorporated the operation for Buy Pistol in Illinois:
• Buyer must have a valid FOID card.
• Buyer should check local firearms law requirements.
• Buyer must show a valid FOID card to FFL prior to handling the firearm.
• Buyer must complete Federal Form ATF 4473.
• Notify the FFL Illinois State Police (ISP), Office of Firearms Services to perform
Background check in accordance with state and federal laws.
• FFL receives “approval” from the ISP for the transfer of the firearm.
• Buyer must adhere to the Illinois waiting period prior to acquisition
of the firearm. The waiting period for a long gun is 24 hours and 72 hours for a
• Upon possession of the firearm, it must be unloaded and
Included in a carry case.
Cook County has an “assault weapons” ban that also bans “high-capacity” magazines. In neighboring Lake County, Highland Park City she has Ban “assault weapons” which also ban “large-capacity” magazines.
On December 7, 2015, . was released Chicago Tribune mentioned The US Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal against the Highland Park Assault Weapons ban. The platform He described Scotos’s refusal to hear the challenge as “a slap to the National Rifle Association and other gun advocates.”
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist at Breitbart News and Down Range writer/curator with AWR Hawkins, Focused weekly newsletter on thel Stuff 2nd Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is a political analyst at US Armed Forces Radio and US Ambassador. Follow him on Instagram: Tweet embed. You can reach him at email@example.com. You can sign up for Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.